Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nikon D70 Digital SLR Camera Review

User Submitted Digital Camera Reviews, Opinions and Ratings

COMPARE PRICES
Submit your own review of this or another digital camera or accessory

Nikon D70, in my opinion, is one of my best ever purchases. In a nutshell, this camera is cheap, even more so now that the D70s has been released.

This camera is sharp and very quick in most terms (i.e. shutter speed and buffer). I got it with the 18-70mm DX lens, and I have purchased another lens from eBay, a Sigma 70-210mm f4-f5.6 and a set of close up filters, a circular polorising filter and a couple of 1GB cards. I consider this to be for me an almost complete kit.

The camera itself is very robust and feels solid to hold and use.In all, I am very impressed with every aspect of this camera and I believe it will be my main camera for a long time to come.

I give this camera a 5 out of 5 rating because, as a budget SLR camera user, I cannot fault this.

My only small gripe is that images can be a little flat and unsaturated, but with a little computer know-how these can easily be brought back. If you read up on the camera's instructions and take control, you can up the contrast and saturation in the settings to your liking. I'll add that this may just be a question of prefference, as I tend to like well saturated images.

Lee has been taking pictures for as long as he can remember, but started to get more serious about photography about 5 years ago when he bought a Canon S50. Last year, he decided to move into the D-slr side of taking photo's and bought a Nikon D70 SLR. He also hosts a Web site, http://www.lenphotografix.co.uk.

http://cameras.about.com/od/digitalcamerareviews/a/nikond70.htm